Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gurubashi Arena

My very first time in the Gurubashi Arena - last night, at lv32, solo - I got the chest. Well, mostly.
First of all let me say that it was 0600 server time, so not likely to be the busiest time for a US-based server.
I ran up from Booty Bay and just made it in time as the goblin was putting out the chest. The arena looked empty, but I was paranoid (luckily). I circled the chest warily and all of a sudden a lv40 undead rogue popped out of stealth and started opening the chest.
Heart in mouth, I hit him with a cheapshot and started wailing on him. He didn't know what hit him initially, but he recovered quickly and started jumping all around me trying for backstabs I guess. I hit him with a 5-dot rupture and left him bleeding with a 3-stack DOT poison as I vanished to catch my breath and recover energy.
I don't know why, but he went straight back to the box and started opening again. By this time I was pretty low on health, but I figured "who dares wins" and ambushed him for a big critical. I thumbed evasion and just kept hitting until he went down. I had about 15 health left when he did.
I have no idea why he didn't beat me. Well, I know why - no poisons, no vanish, no evasion - but why didn't he use those? A 40 vs 32 rogue-on-rogue should not end like that.
Anyways, I looked around and to my horror saw a couple of lv60 warriors in the stands, obviously in a group and waiting for me to make a move on the chest. My vanish was on a cooldown, I was totally outclassed.
What can you do? I faced away from the chest and stealthed to try to give the impression I was going to try to fight them, then turned around and moved in for the chest. As I opened it, coming out of stealth, I saw them leap off the stands and run for me.
As the loot window opened, I frantically stuffed loot into my pockets as they bore down on me. Just as I got to the arena master badge, the charge arrived and I went down like a cheap tent. I was literally clicking on the "yes" confirmation button for the soulbind as I died.
I would have loved to have seen the expressions on their faces when they realised that a lv32 rogue had cheated them out of all but one items in the chest :) About 15G worth if my auctions sell.
Hooah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment