Friday, November 10, 2006

30 - and picking of the pockets

I dinged 30 last night. Had quite a fun time running around with a guildie plus a couple of pickup pallies doing The Dark Iron War and other quests in that area. Gained about 25000 XP in one shortish night, though as most of the targets were humanoid didn't really get to level my leatherworking as I'd hoped.
Of course, I didn't leave myself enough cash to get the five - count them, five - new skills I'd have available from the class trainer. What we really need is a plugin that analyses your trained skills and tells you how much you're going to need at that next even level to stay fully trained. Sounds like a good exercise for the bus home. Not that I've done any WoW plugin work before.
On another topic, what do people feel about Rogues pickpocketing? Here's the approach I take. If the group is in a comfortable fight (i.e. no more than one mob each if quivalent level & non-elite or equivalent) and I'm un-engaged, I'll stealth and pick a pocket before cheapshotting and getting in the fight. If the group is hard-pressed or even if they're evenly matched, I'll get straight in there and forget about the pockets. The loot comes off a different table, and by only pickpocketing during comfortable scraps, I'm not disadvantaging anybody (other than, perhaps, the tank - whose armour might take one extra blow from the delay thus cost slightly more to repair).
So, non-rogues and rogues alike: what do you think about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment