Thursday, June 11, 2009

Uld25

4 new bosses (for me) in Ulduar 25 last night: Assembly of Iron, Kologarn, Crazy Cat Lady and Hodir (who we called after 3 attempts).

Iron Council was a bit of a poop as I died in the fire. I was doing my best to run out of the big circle, but forgot to cloak and paid the price. Nuts.

Kologarn finally went smooth as butter for me. The only other time I've seen him was in 10 man and we had a wipefest, so it was a nice relief to one-shot him, especially as I pulled 4.3k DPS and didn't run myself off the edge. Sexah.

Auriaya was... confusing. I had read up on Encrypted Text, but soon found that it didn't really cover the sort of detail that one really needs on the first attempt. It was basically a mess of "stand in front" and "DPS the add" over vent, and at some point I died. That said, after a brez I still managed to punch out a useful, if not overly respectable, 3k. I'm going to need to review the logs and the detailed fight notes to figure that one out.

Hodir is my new favourite fight. for those of you who haven't done it, it is MENTAL. 8 minutes of crazy running about and trying to not die. You really have to have your head on a swivel - people getting iceblocked that need to be freed, icicles to stay away from, big icicles to initially stay out of then go into, buffs to go into, roots, AoE... it has it all. I was actually really happy with my performance on Hodir - 4.6k averaged over the 3 attempts, and a 3rd on the meter 4.9k on the final attempt. By my reckoning the raid needs 68kdps total to beat the enrage, which is about 4k each assuming 17 DPS toons. In the end the enrage timer beat us, though we had him to about 5%. Tonight, big guy... tonight...

My gloves and boots have hitherto been impossible to replace, being my last two blues. Guess what - Gloves of the Stonereaper dropped for me on cat lady and I understand I'm to be ticketed the Runed Ironhide Boots from Iron Council. How bout that - now my two best items, upgrading blues. And both from fights that I died on. Must be something in that... I say to you: woot.

I also finally got around to clearing VoA25. No loot though, which is a shame as I'm keen for my PvP gear to drop now.

*Edit* I got the boots thanks to Talendos's generosity. Nice one mate, I owe you an EPGP priority. I'm now up to 21 on the guild's DPS list (29th overall) which, with alts and inactive raiders, means I'll rarely be unable to get into the 25 mans. Tick!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah .. Wow.com isn't really the place to search for high-end useful info.

    And grats on the boots !

    ReplyDelete