Logged on, took a boat to Borean Tundra, the guild decided to do a run through Utgarde Keep and we one-shotted the place. The last boss was still pretty tricksy, and after a battle rez I ended up doing an honest to god Evasion tank FTW. A glorious way to start in Northrend.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
So that, appropriately enough, concludes the Burning Crusade for Cat. It's been quite a ride. What do I remember?
- Running through the Dark Portal for the first time.
- The Kara attunement chain.
- My very first Kara run, also my very first Pinnacle
run, and my very first raid. Prince and Nightbane. Malchazeen.
- The grind for Mongoose mats that I ended up doing 4 times.
- 375 Leatherworking, and the Primal Intent set that I only finally laid to rest this week.
- Electricmonk, Tempalilacu, Quron, all the guys from
Pinnacle and the Knights Templar.
- Crystalgypsy giving me most of the gold for my flying mount (thanks hun).
- The grind for, and eventual high from, my Swiftstrike Shoulders.
- Being useless in PvP.
- Getting Lurker down, and the fishing grind that I never used to fish him out.
- Rage Winterchill.
- Racing home from the airport with WoW on my laptop in the cab, talking over the Naj'entus fight, and then dropping him as soon as I walked into my house.
Lichy, you're on notice baby.
Yay Pinnacle! We finally made it into BT and had a blast. High Warlord Naj'entus and Supremus went down like cheap tents (one-shotting both) and we only called it because it was getting late and people wanted to rest up for launch night tomorrow.
It was a pretty funny run for me - my flight ran late and I missed the start of the raid, which had me absolutely spewing. I finally logged in from the cab at about 8pm, and thanks to my awesome guild still got an invite. I sat through the Naj'entus brief on vent in the cab, and as soon as I got home I paid the guy, folded up my laptop (still running WoW with the WiBb dongle connected) and ran for the office. I knew there would be a good chance my wife would be putting the kids to bed, and it was so. Dropped Naj'entus on the laptop over WiBb (didn't want to risk a DC switching to WiFi), then went inside for a bio and family catchup :)
The Naj'entus fight went well - I managed to get spiked twice! I was healed through the first one, but the second was right at the end of the fight (literally in the last 1%) and it wasn't worth the heals. Supremus didn't go so well for me, as I was dumb enough to chase him around in melee range in phase 2. Surprise surprise, I got one-shotted.
Some great loot dropped, and I was lucksy enough to roll a 100 on the Pattern: Bracers of Renewed Life from Supremus.
So if I'm right that takes Pinnacle to:
- Before the patch: 5/6 SSC, 2/4 TK, 1/5 MH
- After the patch: 6/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 3/5 MH, 2/9 BT
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Finally finished off ZA tonight, downing Jan'alai, Hex Lord Malacrass and Zul'jin for the first time. Got some seriously phat lewt, with both the Bladeangel's Money Belt and the Grimgrin Faceguard falling for me. Thank you ZA for a seriously cool hat.
Also hit the Sunwell trash for the first time, though only one sunmote dropped. Still, seeing the whole guild showing in Sunwell was still pretty cool. BT on Wednesday, and if we can drop just one boss, I'll be a happy tranny.
WWS for tonight, I'll analyse it tomorrow. Probably still quite sketchy though.
Sunday, November 02, 2008
I had a little bit of fun with Merry last night, helping my brother level his huntard. Ploddy is a brand newbie to WoW and kinda digs on the PvP, so was getting into the duels with Merry and my youngest brother's pally. All good, a good way to learn PvP in a safe environment.